Easy chicken salad is a great dish to make when you are in the mood for a light and healthy meal. Chicken salad is best served as an appetizer or side dish, but it can also be served as lunch or dinner.
The following is a guide on preparing and serving chicken salad.
-One pound of cooked, cubed chicken;
-One medium ripe tomato, chopped;
-Two large celery stalks and leaves, chopped;
-Two large carrots, grated or grated peeled
-Red onion, chopped;
-Finely chopped green pepper or mild red bell pepper;
-Black olive slices (optional);
2) Preparation Method: Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add just enough of the dressing to moisten the chicken mixture. Mix well. Chill well.
To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and chili sauce. Mix well and chill until ready to use.
1) Chicken salad is best served cold as a soup or appetizer or it can be served as a side dish to a main meal. The chicken salad can be topped with chopped parsley or chives.
2) Proper serving: Serve the salad on a chilled dish and garnish with chopped chives or parsley
3) Preparation Method: To make the chicken salad, place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add just enough of the dressing to moisten the chicken mixture. Mix well. Chill well.
4) In step 3 above, we used cooked chicken for 50% of this recipe. For 150 grams of cooked chicken, you would have 100 grams of cooked meat after cooking is complete. We normally weigh the chicken before cooking and then divide by the weight of the meat after cooking to get a percentage. This recipe calls for 150 grams of cooked chicken so we know that 100 grams of raw meat has been used. We will use 100 grams of cooked meat to make our salad and save the other 50 grams for later in this recipe.
5) If you need to purchase chicken, here’s a link to the ingredients needed to prepare the chicken.
Easy chicken salad is a very simple recipe consisting of easy to find ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores. Chicken salad is a good recipe for busy people because it can be prepared quickly and easily after work or school. It can also be served as a side dish or an appetizer or served as lunch or dinner. The chicken salad can be garnished with chopped parsley or chives to give it extra flavor.